EDGE standard was developed by the World Bank Group company – IFC (International Financial Corporation) and is funded by Switzerland and the UK in order to promote and simplify green and sustainable construction practices in developing countries, which allows them to receive various benefits from international institutions.
Suitable for the CIS countries as an affordable tool for obtaining green financing from banks.
EDGE system evaluation criteria:
- Saving water
- Energy saving
- Reduced carbon footprint of building materials (energy that was spent on resource extraction, production and delivery of materials).
- Сonsulting services for complex for comprehensive support of the EDGE certification, including development of the special technical conditions for EDGE certification;
- Full support of the EDGE project at a fixed cost;
- Result guarantee. We bring all projects to the end and give a guarantee for obtaining a certificate;
- Guaranteed low construction cost. You will achieve optimal construction costs and the desired level of certification by following our recommendations;
- Guarantee of effective interaction. We work closely in the project team, provide information and knowledge in a timely manner.
Certification takes place in two stages:
- preliminary, at the stage of development of project documentation;
- final, for a fully constructed and audited building.
- Registration of each building – 300 USD;
- Certification 0.27 USD/m2, but not less than 2250 USD (underground parking is not subject to payment and certification);
- Support of an expert in order to conduct a preliminary analysis for compliance with requirements, develop recommendations and monitor their implementation;
- Audit (an organization independent of the consultant, selected at the discretion of the client) to conduct an audit at the design and construction stages when the building is put into operation. After the completion of the project, the auditor visits the site to make a final decision, based on the results of which a decision is made to issue a certificate.
* An individual discount is provided for portfolio certification.
The price of maintenance of the certification process Is formed from characteristics and the area of the object, and goals of the customer. To find out the price you can send us completed application form on info@hpb–s.com.
To simplify the process, the possibility of portfolio certification is provided, that is, obtaining a single certificate not for one single building, but for a complex of buildings at once.
The main advantages of this approach are:
- Parallel certification of identical objects
- Reducing costs and getting a discount
- Accelerated document submission process
- Extended technical support
Stages of implementation of the new building
EDGE certification objects
- Commercial buildings
- Educational institutions
- Light industry
LEVEL 1: EDGE Certified – 20% reduction in costs and emissions in each of the three categories according to the baseline, which is automatically calculated for each project based on the area and based on its characteristics;
LEVEL 2: EDGE Advanced – 40% in each of the three categories (20 percent savings in water and embodied energy in materials and 40 percent savings in energy);
LEVEL 3: Zero Carbon – 40% energy efficiency. The building must receive 100% of its energy from renewable sources or purchase carbon offsets to top off at 100%. The level is available for obtaining within a year after receiving the main certification and is confirmed every 4 years.
Benefits of EDGE certification
- Saving water
- Energy saving
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Financial markets advantages
- Tax incentives and subsidies
- ESG reporting and ratings
- Corporate requirements of companies and partners
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions. As tighter regulation of carbon footprint emerges you will have a leading position
- Financial benefit from sales and leasing
- Added value of property. High quality real estate
- Selection from participants
- Savings on operating costs
- Class A commercial property
- Reducing network connection costs
Unlike LEED, WELL and BREEAM standards, EDGE requirements are easier to implement.
Presentation according to the EDGE standard
EDGE certification: NUR residential complex in Tashkent